With Friends now available on Netflix, one of my friends told me that I should do my own Top-List of favorite moments/quotes/etc. from the show…and who am I to turn down a “Top-List” and “Friends” challenge?
So I am going to do a simple one today, in no particular order, of my Top 10 quotes from the main cast of the show (and yes, this list is amendable, because there really can’t be only 10!):
- “We were on a break!” (Ross)— Literally, most of the series is built off of this fact.
- “Just so you know, it’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy, and it is a big deal!” (Rachel)
- “He’s a transponster!” (Rachel) — From one of the greatest episodes came this line to top it all.
- “If he doesn’t like you, this is all a moo point. Yeah, it’s like a cow’s opinion. It just doesn’t matter. It’s moo.” (Joey)
- “Gum would be perfection” (Chandler) — The best episode of Season 1 brought out this wonder.
- “Look at me! I’m Chandler! Could I be wearing any more clothes?!” (Joey)
- “Pivot! Pivot! Pivot! Pivot. Pivot. Pivot.” (Ross)
- “But they don’t know that we know they know we know!” (Phoebe)
- “Judge all you want to but, married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice dancer, threw a girl’s wooden leg in a fire, live in a box!” (Monica) — which brings about another greatest moment in this show.
- “It’s a trifle. It’s got all of these layers. First there’s a layer of ladyfingers, then a layer of jam, then custard, which I made from scratch, then raspberries, more ladyfingers, then beef sauteed with pees and onions, then a little more custard, and then bananas, and then I put some whipped cream on top!” (Rachel) “I like it. What’s not to like? Custard? Good. Jam? Good. Meat? Good.” (Joey)
And to get one quote to top them all, from a “recurring character”:
- “Oh. My. God.” (Janice)