I’ve had Automatic for about a week now, and feel it’s about time to give it a review.
Automatic is a “Smart Driving Assistant” that has access to the computer in your car.
Some of the things it offers you:
- Mapping out your trips, including how much gas you used per trip (approximate $$ amount)
- Keeps you a safe driver by informing you of hard accelerations/breaking
- Saves your last parking spot, so you’ll never have to go searching for your car again
- Notify the proper people if you get in an accident
- Let you know what that “Check Engine Light” is telling you
Thankfully I haven’t had to use some of those features yet (I wasn’t in the car for the Hit & Run, so who knows if it would’ve triggered), and my Engine Light has yet to come on, but it is a very useful feature.
I’ve recently started to do my own repairs, both around the house and in my car, and I’ve found that buying the parts on Amazon and finding the right YouTube video can save you tons of money…not that I’d advise it for everyone, just saying that you don’t need to overspend on everything!
The gas per ride feature is nice as it lets you really figure out how much driving to/from work costs, or for long trips with friends when you are trying to figure out how to split costs among everyone.
One issue I have with the Automatic is that it doesn’t always connect to my phone, and I have to go through connectivity options to reconnect.
This kind of ruins the whole “set and forget” functionality of the device, but I’m sure that a future update will fix this.
Automatic is an 8 out of 10.
I found this item under the new Amazon Launchpad, and I should have some more product reviews from there shortly. as I’m a sucker for cool new tech 😉