We all know the “Desert Island” game, in which you choose things that you’d bring with you if you were stuck on a Desert Island for an indefinite amount of time.
The first one I’ll tackle is Books, and list five that I would want with me to read.
It’d be great to hear what books some of you would bring with you!
- Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy — This book in the Ryanverse doesn’t include Jack Ryan, but it’s a long book full of lots of great action.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling — Arguably the best book of the Harry Potter series, with World Cup Quidditch and a Triwizard Tournament.
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain — There may not be restaurants on this island, but any little tricks and tips of the kitchen that can be gleamed from this book would certainly be useful.
- The Crass Menagerie: A Pearls Before Swine Treasury by Stephan Pastis — Gotta have at least one comic book, and Pearls is one of my favorite series’ to read.
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis — This one will show you how to properly manage what you do have, and how to best plan out the future.