The Birch Aquarium is a nice little aquarium at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego, overlooking the beach and the Pacific Ocean.
- Hall of Fishes – Following the currents of the Pacific, this walkthru exhibit has many native Pacific fishes and sea turtles
- Seahorses – The different varieties of seahorses is amazing, and some of the ones you see there are truly unbelievable
- Elasmo Beach – Sharks and rays, a lot of which are native to the waters just outside the aquarium
- Tide Pool Plaza – Full touch tank, with varieties of sharks and crabs. Also has an overlook, where during the migrations you can see the whales swimming by
- Kelp Tank and Infinity Cube
In the upcoming weeks, I’ll have a lot more from the attractions and sights of San Diego, in the order that I visited them, and the Birch Aquarium (with its free parking) was a great starting point!