Last night brought a joyous end to Parks & Recreation, and through it all Mayor Gary was told to “Have some dignity” (Tom).
The show was full of flash-forward in which we see where everyone is holding in the future…as if the Season taking place in 2017 wasn’t future enough!
- Donna —– 2023 —– Living in Seattle, with her husband, as a highly successful real estate agent. Together with April she starts “Teach ‘Yo Self” a program to help bring math programs back to schools.
- Craig —– 2019 —– An amazing singer, getting married, and being brought down to a calming level (or at least trying to be)
- April & Andy —– 2022 —– Living in D.C. — Andy wants kids, but April is worried about bringing demon babies into this world. After a talk with Leslie and Ben they decide to go for it, and on Halloween 2023 they give birth to little “Burt Snakehold Ludgate Karate Dracula Macklin Domon Jack-o’-Lantern Dwyer” or ‘Jack’ for short.
- Jean-Ralphio —– 2022 — Running insurance scams, including faking his own death (and having “Bend Over by Lil John” playing at his funeral) to get the money to open a casino in Tajikistan with his sister.
- Tom —– 2019 —– Working on a 20-city expansion on Tom’s Bistro, until the markets crash and he loses everything (as seen in the self-made documentary “Gone Wrong”. He’s still with Lucy, and goes on to write a best-selling book “Failure – An American Success Story” featuring all the “types of people you can be”, which are of course based off his friends.
- Garry —– Mayor for a few weeks, before actually being elected in a large write-in vote. He continues to be a 10X Mayor of Pawnee, and dies on his 100th birthday, with his wife still looking amazing. At his funeral they give him the ultimate notary honor of a 21-stamp salute. And of course they spell his name wrong on his tombstone.
- Ron —– 2022 —– Retires from Very Good Building and Development Co. He goes out and diversifies his portfolio by becoming a 51% investor in the Lagavulin Distillery. He is then appointed Superintendent of Gryzzl sponsored Pawnee National Park, and you seem him sailing across a lake on his “Lucky Boy” canoe, with a huge smile on his face…which is a great sight for Ronald Ulysses Swanson.
- Leslie & Ben —– 2025 —– Washington D.C. —– Playing charades with Joe Biden, both are approached to run for Governor of Indiana, against one another…so they do the only thing they can think of: Go back to Pawnee for a giant reunion with everyone, including the Beautiful Mermaid Ann.
And of course Leslie and Ann have plans for their kids to fall in love with each other…
- 2035 —– 2-term Governor Leslie Knope is presented an honorary degree at Indiana University, and they name the library after her.
All in all, this was a great finale for an even greater show…the episode gets a 10 out of 10 for a show that is easily at least an Overall 9 out of 10.