Today’s “Desert Island” category will be Movies. This is the category that it took me longest to cover because it was the hardest to narrow down.
It’s not that I don’t enjoy a good movie, I just prefer TV Shows. I can watch episodes over and over, but never really feel that connection to movies.
So here are the five movies that I would have on my Island, and while I wouldn’t rank Leonardo DiCaprio that high on my individual actors’ list, I strangely have him in 3 of my top 6 movies (and strangely Tom Hanks too)…
- Gangs of New York – Daniel Day-Lewis runs the NY streets while Leonardo DiCaprio tries to avenge his father’s death on the streets of New York. Also, Cameron Diaz.
- Catch Me If You Can – Frank Abagnale Jr. (DiCaprio) scams the system, makes his own checks and runs up tabs around the country, while the FBI (Tom Hanks) is hot on his tail.
- Toy Story – This was the animated movie of my childhood, how can you go wrong with it?
- Die Hard – The movie of the 80s and the one you can watch over and over and “Yippie-Ki-Yay” along with them.
- Lethal Weapon – The banter of the movie is what is making the new TV show enjoyable as well.
One thought on “Desert Island – Movies”
I love this game. Lol, I’ve only seen 1/5 from your list…
1) The 10th Kingdom
2) The Emperor’s New Groove
4) Batman Begins
5) The Prestige