I can’t believe it’s been a year since the last #BellLetsTalk day, and despite being a Canadian initiative, I have a closer connection to the cause each year.
Bell Canada, the phone company of the Canadians, is donating 5 cents today for every Tweet using the #BellLetsTalk hashtag or watches their video (below). It’s the 8th year that they are doing this movement, and while I think it’s only a drop in the bucket in terms of awareness, every single way to reach out to people is important.
At the bottom of this post, I have all the ways you can get Bell to give money to the cause today.
Bell is working on the Canadian front, and they have donated over $86M to this point, since starting the campaign in 2010. They have four pillars that they focus on:
- Anti-Stigma – Leading the charge to overcome the stigma attached to suffering from mental illnesses #EndTheSitgma
- Care & Access – Money going to hospitals and universities that help provide support where needed
- Workplace Health – Adopting the voluntary Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
There is a multitude of ways that you can do simple tasks that lead to Bell donating more to the cause, and not costing you anything:
- Text Messages — For every text by Bell Canada, Bell Alliant, and Bell MTS customers
- Calls — Every call made by Bell Canada, Bell Alliant, and Bell MTS customers
- Twitter — Watching the video above or using the #BellLetsTalk hashtag
- Instagram — Watch the Bell Let’s Talk Day video
- Facebook — Watch the video or use the Bell Facebook Frame
- Snapchat — Use the Bell filter
As of this posting, there are already over 5 Million impressions.